About the services:
What types of payment do eServices accept?
What information does a client need when accessing online services?
To purchase these online registry products, a client must have a verified MADI account and provide:
- For a Driver’s Abstract – DL number or MVID
- For an In-Transit Permit – DL number or MVID and the Vehicle Information (VIN, Make, Model, Year) and valid insurance ( insuance not required for trailers as long as they are not carrying a load)
- For a Duplicate Registration Certificate – DL number or MVID and License Plate Number or registration number
- For an Online Registration Renewal – DL number or MVID, License Plate Number, and Registration Number
- For a Specialty Plate Order – DL number or MVID
To purchase a Vehicle Information Report, a client must have a MADI account and provide the VIN.
Clients can get their Driver’s Abstract online at eservices.alberta.ca
What are the reasons that a client may not be able to process their services online?
An online service may fail if:
- The client does not have a Digital ID Sign-On
- The information entered in their MADI account does not match with the Motor Vehicle System
- The client file is restricted due to outstanding fines, motor vehicle debt, or maintenance enforcement (does not apply to driver’s abstracts or VIRs)
- The client’s address has changed or mail has been returned
- Your vehicle is registered as a fleet or company vehicle
- Your vehicle is registered in more than one name
- Your registration has been expired for more than 12 months
- Your insurance is expired
Once your purchase has been completed, you can dowload your vehicle registration certificate from My Digital Downloads on the My Account section.
If you are processing this request outside of these hours, your initial digital download will be available tomorrow at 6:00 am.