About the services:
What types of payment do eServices accept?
What information does a client need when accessing online services?
To purchase these online registry products, a client must have a verified MADI account and provide:
- For a Driver’s Abstract – DL number or MVID
- For an In-Transit Permit – DL number or MVID and the Vehicle Information (VIN, Make, Model, Year) and valid insurance ( insuance not required for trailers as long as they are not carrying a load)
- For a Duplicate Registration Certificate – DL number or MVID and License Plate Number or registration number
- For an Online Registration Renewal – DL number or MVID, License Plate Number, and Registration Number
- For a Specialty Plate Order – DL number or MVID
To purchase a Vehicle Information Report, a client must have a MADI account and provide the VIN.
Clients can get their Driver’s Abstract online at eservices.alberta.ca
What are the reasons that a client may not be able to process their services online?
An online service may fail if:
- The client does not have a Digital ID Sign-On
- The information entered in their MADI account does not match with the Motor Vehicle System
- The client file is restricted due to outstanding fines, motor vehicle debt, or maintenance enforcement (does not apply to driver’s abstracts or VIRs)
- The client’s address has changed or mail has been returned
- Your vehicle is registered as a fleet or company vehicle
- Your vehicle is registered in more than one name
- Your registration has been expired for more than 12 months
- Your insurance is expired
Once your purchase has been completed, you can dowload your vehicle registration certificate from My Digital Downloads on the My Account section.
Attention: Initial digital download of this product/service is only available between 6:00 am and 10:00 pm. If you are processing this request outside of these hours, your initial digital download will be available tomorrow at 6:00 am.